December 29, 2008
1. Aveda Shammy Cloth ($9.50)- Use for daily facial cleansing, or makeup and masque removal. You can purchase this online or anywhere where Aveda products are sold. This is a must have!
2. Queen Helena Mud Mask($3.99)
3. Revelon Color Stay Makeup ($8.99)
4. Bath and Body Works Mentha Lip Tint ($7.99)
5. Ped Egg Pro Foot File($9.99) Target - This really does work
6. Rimmel Eye Khol (black) This is a great deal for the price it stays put ($3.99)
7. Essense of Beauty Blending Brush @ CVS ($5) I have the MAC 217 and I still pick this one up, this was a great deal. You get two eye blending brushes for a great price great for newbies.
8. Vaseline Cocoa Butter Smoothing Body Butter ($8.49) - Love it for my elbows and feet
9. Black Radiance Eye Shadow Quartet. This by far has the best color payoff for a drugstore brand. ($3.99)
11. L'Oreal Telescopic Macara - (7.99) This masara wont clump!
December 28, 2008
How Did You Remove The Hair?
Plucking? If you plucked your eyebrows, then the eyebrows will have up to 64 days to come back in fully. This time can be different for some by a few days, though.
Waxing? If you waxed your eyebrows, then you too will have at the most 64 days for them to grow back fully. They are likely to start growing back and becoming noticeable in 3 to 4 weeks, though.
These two methods are perfect for the longest hair loss because they will remove the hair directly from the follicle. It will take longer for the eyebrow hair to regrow in this method.
Shaved Them? If you shaved them, you only have a couple of days to wait for the hair to begin growing back.
Lost Them Due To Illness? If you have lost your eye brows due to an illness or medication, it can take much longer for the hair to regrow. Usually, as soon as the medication is out of your system you will notice them coming back in fuller. (eyemake-up-tips.com)
Please remember I nor most people doing beauty posts are doctors so becareful and use common sense when using any of the following methods.
Here are some tips to help your regrow your brows - I have tried these and it realy works
- Take multi-vitamins and hair vitamins
- Drink plenty of water
- Detox - cleanse your colon
- Exercise - get the your blood flowing
- Cut back on carbs and elimate sweets
- Wash and Massage the brow area with facial cleanser daily.
- Brush brows with a clean brow brush to remove dead skin
- Apply vitamin e, olive oil or castor oil to your brows and massage - apply to lashes (with a clean mascara wand) daily (please be careful)
If you are really in a pinch look into the following - eyebrow wigs - yes they really do exisist. You can always add false eyelashes, this may take some time if you have never done it before, have a professional apply them if it is a special event you are planning for, talk to the artist before your appointment to determine if you are going to do individuals or a full lash, a full lash will require you get it done the day of the event.
I am not recomending any of these because I have never tried them. But some may very well help.
- Use Rogain -(I would not recomend)
- Take Biotin
- Camphor oil
- I have heard use your own saliva - lick your thumbs apply to brows
- Apply caster oil at night then massage them with the back of an electric tooth brush -the extra stimulation is suppose to help them grow faster.
- Garlic Juice
- mane n tale conditioner
hope this helps, please subscribe
December 27, 2008
Foundation 3 to 6 months
Powders (blush, face powder) 1 year
Mascara 3 months
Lip gloss and Lipsticks 1 year
Eyeshadow 3 years
cream and gels
Things we can do to give our making a longer life
1. Keep you hands out of it. Your hands have bacteria on them which can help speed up the shelf life of you makeup. Use a clean makeup brush.
2. Keep it in a out of the bathroom mildew, humidity all are factors in decreasing the shelf life of makeup
3. Do not open until your are ready to use it
4. Do not pump your mascara! I don't know who started it but lets stop this practice asap
5. If you get sick - pink eye, fever blister, or sty get rid of the make up you used while you had the infection. Tip: If you cant go without makeup, buy a cheap drug store brand and toss it once the infection is gone.
6. Deep clean your brushes at least once a month, and spray with alcohol often.
7. Sharpen your eye liners and lip pencils often
8. Clean your sharpeners with alcohol
9. Don't share makeup - unless you are a professional makeup artist
10. Close the lids on your makeup tightly.
11. Keep the lids - dont let makeup sit out without a lid even eyeliners.
December 23, 2008
2. Nude Lip Gloss / Lipstick and Lip Balm
3. Eye Shadow palet - in Neutral (Quads) - or 1 neutral color and a black for a quick smoky eye.
4. Hoop Earrings - Silver and Gold
5. Gum/Breath Mints
6. Black Eyeliner
7. Blot powder
8. Travel Size Lotion and/ or vaseline, tissue, body spray ex: bath and body works
9. Travel Size Tissue
10. Comb/brush/scrunchy or gel for a slick back look
Once you do all this you will be public ready HONEY!
Hope this helps
December 19, 2008
1. Black Liner around the Lips
2. Apply makeup on a dirty face.
3. Apply oily products on the lids (lipstick, lip gloss ---YUCK)
4. Applying glitter on the lids (can be dangerous to the eye)
5. White Lipstick - I have not seen it done well yet especially on dark skin
6. Applying color on the nose unless you are a professional clown please avoid bright colors on the nose.
7. Sleep in Makeup - Strongly Advise Against it - Even if its mineral
8. Wear eye makeup when you have "PINK EYE"
9. Sleep with fake lashes the only lashes that you can sleep with are individual and permanent. The oils as well as the sleep from your eyelid will loosen the glue.
10. Wearing the wrong color foundation - Ask a true friend if you cant tell
11. Honestly, I don't know of anyone that does Black Brows well... I have dark skin and I wear dark brown or lighter. Black brows give you a harsh look, if that is what you are going for then go for it.
12 Straight line brow. If you like drawing on your brow please take the time and create an arch, a straight line across the face looks dated and a mess.
13. Applying lip stick with a cold sore. Wear a clear gloss and medicine. During this time you want to bring less attention to the sore, not more. Choose a nude color, but make sure you throw the lipstick out or apply with a Q tip ( no double dipping).
Hope this help
1. Hoop Earrings - ( Pair Gold, Pair Silver)
2. Diamond Studs or Cubic
3. Classic Leather Black Purse - Splurge on this item
4. Pair of Black Pumps - Splurge on this item too - you will get a lot of use out of it
5. Wrap( Cute on any woman)
6. Nice Gloves, Nice Hat(NO KNIT HATS) , and Scarf ( Make sure they match your coat )
7. Nice Umbrella
8. Clutch - Every woman should own one clutch for special occasions or dinner
9. Chunky Necklace or Scarf - A stunning accessory to wear with that black dress
10. SPANKS - EVERY WOMAN NO MATTER THE SIZE SHOULD HAVE THIS ITEM
1. Basic Black Dress - The basic black dress has been around for a long time. It is often called the "Little Black Dress", and it's true that shorter skirts on the basic black dress, when they hit you in the right place, can be more flattering than a long black dress.
2. Trench Coat - The trench coat is one of the pieces that is both classic and currently a hot fashion item. Most any store sells this piece now. It is great for fall and you can pick it up in a wide range of lengths.
3. Dress Pants - Although it doesn't say black, this is probably what you want to look for. Black is flattering on all figures and goes with everything.
4. Classic Shirt - The white shirt is a definite classic. But it can also come in many different styles to make it look trendy and not dated or like a man's piece of clothing. Find one that accentuates your best attributes and minimizes trouble spots. For example, if you have wide shoulders, stay away from large collars.
5. Jeans - Everyone has a pair of jeans, but does everyone have a pair of jeans that make them look great? The wider leg, low-rise jean style has been popular (and still is) but a narrower leg is coming back along with a higher waist, which eliminates the unflattering "muffin top" look.
6. Any Occasion Top - Find something you look great in that can look respectable under a jacket but bring on the fun after hours.
7. Skirt - If you need dress pants then you also need a skirt. A skirt is womanly and can be flirty or businesslike. Nowadays women do not wear many skirts or dresses, which makes a lot of them fall into a rut of dressing sloppily or like men. See number 8.
8. Day Dress - Women also are not wearing as many dresses anymore. It was certainly liberating to go from the '50s when women wore dresses every day to wearing more practical pants for gardening, exercising, and so forth. But the dress does not have to be abandoned altogether. They can be very flattering, and there is nothing wrong with "dressing up" for daytime.
9. Jacket - A jacket does not have to be masculine. Find one with a proper, fitted shape. Women's jackets should follow the silhouette of a woman's body and accent the hourglass curve at her waist. It is also a perfect piece to put with the skirt or dress pants, and white shirt. Or make it casual with a pair of jeans.
10. Sweatsuit Alternative - As mentioned before, women wear fewer skirts and dresses these days. But some women have taken casual to the extreme and spend days on end in sweatsuits. It is possible to be casual and comfortable without looking like a slob. Find a comfortable material (that's why this doesn't say jeans again – denim is not as comfortable as a nice soft cotton) that you would want to wear every day. It could be khakis, cords, a cotton dress, or much more.
Bonus: One Indulgent Trendy Item
Foundation - Find a foundation that matches your skin. The foundation is the cornerstone for your makeup. Find a good Blot powder for oil control and and powder in your color(optional)
Lipstick - I think every person needs at least one nude lipstick
Lip gloss - Clear and One color or if you can find a set with different colors that would be great start.
Eyeliner - Depending on the looks you want one black (pencil) one black (liquid) one brown (pencil) Pencil sharpener for your eye and lip pencil..do not sharpen any lead pencils with it.
Eyeshadow - I would say depending on the line your choose start with the one of the following
- Neutral Quad
- A Brown, Black, a few colors (depending on your skin type)
Don't go crazy here - first find out what you like to do.
Brushes - I would say this depends on you. I will spend money on brushes it makes the application so much easier. You don't have to go to the makeup counter to buy brushes. CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, Target, and Makeup Counters. Buyer beware. Before I spent money on a brush I would do my research google the reviews and as always ask people you know what they use.
Brow set - a word of advice, if you have never done your brows before let a professional you trust do them once and then maintain them. I would hate to see you drawing your brows on if that was not your original plan.
Blush - (optional - one shade for those extra special days)
Some people get hook on makeup lines and that is ok, however you miss out on other good lines when you limit yourself to one particular line. I recommend having an open mind and choose products that work for you whether it be $0.99 or $100 what matters most is how the product works for you.
NON MAKEUP ITEMS
Primer (Face/ or Eye)
Lip Balm or Conditioner
Wash your face **
Apply eye cream
Massage moisturizer into face**
Allow a few minutes for the moisturizer to soak in (5 to 10 minutes) Brush your teeth while you wait.**
Apply lip balm**
Apply primers (eye and/or face) give it a few minutes to dry
Groom brows (sweeze this in whenever it works best for you)
Apply mascara and or false eyelashes
Set face with powder
Apply lip liner(if applicable) apply lip gloss or lipstick
Moisturize (same as morning)
Apply eye cream
Apply any night creams wrinkle cream or acne creams after moisturizing.
Apply lip balm
I hope this helps
**FACE ** EYE **LIP
The face primer is commonly used to control oil and to allow makeup to last longer. An eye primer primarily has the same job and can also be used to neutralize your lid color. ( I will get into detail about that later) A lip primer neutralizes the color in your lips.
There are many Face primers out there on the market, I don't endorse any product line, however there are a lot of lines that sell primers MAC, Rimmel, Smash Box, Laura Merier, and Mary K just to name a few. A face primer is not something that is required for some because of the oil in their skin. Let me talk a little about oily skin. It is very important to know your skin type in order to choose makeup and to decide whether or not you need a primer. The reason why people with oily skin have a hard time with makeup is because of the oil in their skin. Most makeup removers have oil in them. Castor oil and olive oils can be used to cleanse the face of dirt and makeup. My personal theory is that when you apply makeup to oily skin the skin will not absorb it because it treats the makeup like dirt/debris in an effort to keep it out of your pores your skin produces more oil. Women with oily skin should use face primers to slow down the oil production process. Please note a primer will only slow down the oil production process, over a period of time you will need to use some type of powder or blotting film to remove excess oil.
Most women in general need a good eye primer/eye base. If you have ever experienced creasing , or fading eyeshadow after a few hours or less then more than likely you need a primer. A primer acts as a good base for eyeshadow to adhere to, it resembles the face primer, the only difference is that you now are have to understand colors. Just like paint primers eyeshadow primers come in a variety of shades and neutrals. For instance if you wanted a red color to "pop" or stand out you would use a pink or a white primer. Same goes if you want a really intense black, you would you a black or grey primer. Eye primers come in many forms such as creams, paints, paint pots and shade stickks. Everyone is different, what works well for me may not work well for you. Experiment with different primers until you find the one that works for you.
Urband Decay Primer Potion (UDPP)
Two face eyeshadow insurance
MAC prep and prime
Scandolous cosmetics eyeshadow base
The job of an eyelash primer is to make your lashes look thicker and fuller. There are many out there on the market that come with mascara on one side and the primer on the oppisite end.
Lip primers are used by people who have tinted lips. Some people naturally have rosy lips, light colored lips or dark lips. The job of a lip primer is to neutralize that natural color so that it wont compete with lip color. When you have naturally tinted lips the color will change once you apply it to the lips. For instance if your lips are noticeable darker than your skin finding a neutral lip color will be a challenge if your lip color is competing with the neutral shades you apply.
I hope this helps....please follow me.
December 18, 2008
Lip Gloss- LOVE IT Lip Gloss is considered make up. More and more lip glosses are being created to serve two purposes - moisturizers and lip color. The possibilities are endless for lip glosses , they can be matte, glittery, shiny, sparkly, bold colors, light colors, sticky, slick, smooth and the list goes on. Lip gloss can start at $0.99 to $30. The great things about some lip glosses is that they are buildable, which means the more you put on the more color or shine you may get. Lip glosses on top of lipsticks WOW. I even mix lip glosses with other lip glosses, the things you can do with this product are endless. You can use it with a lip liner or alone.
LIPSTICK - GOT IT. Don't count this classic out. Lipstick has been around for years and it is not going anywhere. If you are looking for solid color this is your product. You can mix lipstick with lip gloss and you can line it with a lip liner. The advantage to lipstick is the color payoff, it can be intense, matte, glossy, and sparkly. Nude lipsticks are very popular and every woman should have at least one in her makeup collection.
LIP LINER- Lip Liners are my best friend, without them a lot of colors I could not pull off. For instance lets start with a MAC classic "ooh baby" on a dark skin sister without the chestnut liner is call "oh no baby" so whenever you run across a color that you like but you are not feeling it on you, pull out a lip liner to darken or brighten the color up. There are rules to lip liners, and I break them all the time. The only lip liner rule I refuse to break is don't wear black liner around the lip - a definate no no for me.
Lip liner is a cosmetic product. It is intended to fill uneven areas on the outer edges of the lips after applying lipstick therefore giving a smooth shape. The product is usually sold in a retractable tube or pencil form.
Tips for lips
- Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize..keep the lips moist day and night. Take care of your lips.
- Buy a clean soft toothbrush to exfoliate your lips. Moisten toothbrush with water and in circular motions clean all the dead skin off of the lips. Doing this once or twice a week will leave your lips soft apply a balm immediately after.
- Buy a balm or use Vaseline on your lips at night never go to bed with dry lips. "Don't go anywhere with dry lips.
- Keep balms everywhere, have one in your car, at work, at home in the TV room, in the kitchen, you get the picture have them conveniently everywhere.
- Love your lips no matter how big or small
- Try new colors and brands your lips should never be boring :-)
Foundation - The purpose of foundation is to even out the skin and conceal blemishes, dark circles and imperfections. Invest in the best foundation you can buy. Please keep in mind that price should not be a determining factor, if a cheaper brand has your color go for it. When looking for a foundation it is color that matters most.
· Light/Sheer – Sheer coverage is lightweight and provides little to almost no coverage. A sheer coverage will be very subtle and can go unnoticeable. The object of this coverage is not to conceal but to enhance.
· Medium – Medium is what most women go for, noticeable coverage to even out skin as well as to conceal blemishes and imperfections.
· Heavy –Heavy coverage will cover any imperfection on the skin, the makeup itself will be thick or you can apply multiple layers (build up) your makeup to give you his effect. I believe unless you are a performer or doing some type of work with heavy lighting (TV, Stage, ect..)you dont need this. The makeup is very thick and heavy. Think of it like putting a blanket on your face.
Light/ Sheer Makeup- Include Tinted Moisturizers and Mouses.
How to Apply – Clean hands * Apply like you would any moisturizer, because they are sheer you may not want to use a brush or a sponge because most of your product will get left on the sponge or applicator. By using your hands, you able warm the product up with your natural body heat which will allow for the moisturizer to penetrate into your skin. Most tinted moisturizers have a SPF of 15 some have more so that is an added plus for protecting your skin.
Medium Makeup- include Liquid, Powders and Creams
How to Apply – Clean hands, makeup brush or sponge. As mentioned above using your hand will allow you to warm the makeup up, however it also will allow you to get makeup in places too small for a sponge. A sponge allows you to control the amount of product you put on your skin, although a sponge soaks up some of the product it is going to give you a lighter coverage, the same concept applies when you use a foundation brush. This is where building or layering your makeup comes in, you can keep adding until you achieve the look you looking for.
Heavy Makeup include all of the above with an emphasis on Cream/Cream Stick Foundations
How to Apply – Clean hands, makeup brush or sponge. Very few people need this type of coverage. If not done will your makeup can and will look like mask. I strongly advise against an heavy makeup application for everyday. I think that normal/medium application with the help along with a concealer usually is a enough. Keep in mind Makeup is not Magic, if you have a serious problem you need to seek a dermatalogist to help.
Mineralized Makeup - The best thing about mineralized makeup is that you can sleep in it and it does not block your pores and allows your skin to breath and it has UV protection. Mineralized makeup is all natural and is good for people with sensitve skin. The trick is finding you color and the right coverage. For women of color it is a battle finding a chemical makeup that is the right shade, well finding a mineral one is even harder. (Still looking) As far a coverage I would say light to medium.
Tips to great foundation application.
- Less is More always start off with light coverage, and build from there. Once makeup is on it is hard to take it down without starting over.
- Try putting it on with different ways to see which way works best for you. First use your hands, then try a sponge and next try a brush and see which one gives you the look you would like to have.
December 9, 2008
Wash your face twice a day. Morning (am) Evening (pm)
Apply a cleanser that works well with your skin type (oily, dry, or combination)
Apply toner (optional)
Apply eye cream
Moisturize – Massage your face in circular motions
If you wear make up start by cleaning face with an oil cleanser or some type of makeup remover.
Wash face with your facial cleanser, if I was going to exfoliate (use a facial scrub) I would do it after I cleaned my face.
Apply a Mud mask – (once a week or more) Mud mask helps tones, deep cleanse and refines your face.
Apply a Moisturizer – specific to your skin type (see article on moisturizer)
Apply Eye cream – Cream made for the eye.
Apply your overnight creams ect. I personally use an anti-wrinkle cream at night.
** I do not regularly use toner, but if you feel the need by all means do so. On occasion I will use an all natural lemon toner .
** Once a week I hydrate my face using steam.
** Twice a week I do a facial peel.
There are so many companies that sell facial cleansers; so this is a personal preference.
Access your needs, figure out what you need it for.
Do you need a make up remover – oil cleanser and foam/cream cleanser?
Do you just need a clean face – foam, cream cleanser?
Do you need something for oily skin?
Do you need something for breakouts?
Research what type of products would be good for you. – Go look on the Internet, go makeup counters, ask friends and family what they use, check on YouTube. Please keep in mind that you are not getting information from a doctor so be very cautious when taking advice from the above mentioned sources.
If you have problem skin go see a dermatologist and they can help you create a cleaning program specific to your needs.
There is no such thing as a perfect product; I feel that all products work, you just need to take the time to see what works for you. Don’t be afraid to ask, try and return. Department stores as well as drug stores take products back. I would say give a product a week but if right off if you don’t like it take it back and return it for something different.
December 5, 2008
1. Skincare - I cannot stress this enough, take care of your skin. Clean it , Moisturize it, and Sunblock it! If you do these three things daily you are on your way to beautiful skin.
2. Exercise - Exercise gets your blood pumping and sweating is good for you. Added benefit is it helps with weight control.
3. Detox - We eat a lot of processed food and we need to clean the plumbing from time to time..your body gives you signs when it needs detoxing...for instance breakouts, bloating, constipation ect...need I say more! Fasting is a good way to detox, all natural detox are available at health food stores . If you have health problems consult with your doctor before starting any type of detox program.
4. A good Multivitamin goes a long way. Taking vitamins aid in nutrition not replace it. Nothing could every replace good veggies and fruits. With that said eat a variety of fruits and vegetables.
5. Limit sugar intake which includes -soda, bread, pasta, and candy
6. Flossing - Yes Flossing is good for you, getting rid of the bacteria in your mouth with can lead to infection and sickness...need I say more.
7. Colon Cleansing...I cant stress this enough; this goes along with Detoxing but I had to put it in its on category. You MUST clean you colon, and I believe as often as possible. You don't want that NASTY stuff lingering around in your body.
8. Go to the Doctor get a physical and regular check ups, it is so much easier to take care of potential problems early.
9. Blow your nose, clean your ears and clean your nails. Did you know that these two simple things could be life changing. Clearing your air passages in the morning allows you to breath in freely without strain. Ear cleaning well I will let you figure that one out! Its nasty just do it. It is important to wash your hand before and after you go to the bathroom - did you know that you could be putting bacteria on your unmentionables from other sources. Your nails is a happy home to many types of bacteria that is why it is not a good idea to put your hands on your face and in your mouth before washing them.
10. Make an appointment to Laugh everyday. I watch the comedy channel just to get in a good laugh.
Hope this helps! God bless you!
November 17, 2008
Benefits of a facial mud masque:
Absorbs excess oil, Aids in shrinking large pores, Clarifies skin's texture,Eases tension lines on face and neck, Helps to dry up pimples, Reduces appearance of blemishes , Relaxes tired muscles, Removes dry cells and impurities, Replenishes vitamins, minerals and moisture ,
Rinses away blackheads
Mineral Clay Masque. Queen Helene? offers a very effective product, The Original Mint Julep Masque, which goes on green and just zaps the oil from your skin. These are just a few of the countless facial masque products out there.
I personally use a Mud Mask 3 times a week, and I have noticed significant changes in my skin. Everyone is different. If you have sensitive skin you may need to use one less. Listen to your skin, if it burns, itches are irritates discard use. As always follow the directions on the package they are not there for deocration.
November 12, 2008
November 8, 2008
If you have oily skin you need to look for an oil free moisturizer that works for you. If you have combination skin like myself you can use an oil free or a regular moisturizer. The main purpose of using a moisturizer is to keep you skin hydrated and it also prevents your skin for becoming dry, cracked and wrinkled. A moisturizer with humectants attracts moisture, while one with emollients locks in the moisture.
HEAT WAVE DRYNESS AWAY. A soothing tip for dry, stressed-out skin: Scoop some of your moisturizer in a microwavable bowl and heat for 5 seconds before you apply it. The heat helps the moisturizer penetrate faster and deeper into your skin for enhanced results. (Peter Lamas) I thought this was a great tip. You can also use warm olive oil and apply it to dry skin in the winter this is a great treat for dry cracked skin. (good for the feet too)
Moisturizers I have used
Oil of Olay
Loreal FUTURE E moisturizer
There are a million moisturizers out there, be patient and you will find one that works for you. Even though I believe in saving money, I have not found a homemade one that I liked using. Do what works best for you. And remember to massage it into your face, this is very relaxing and it allows your moisturizer to penetrate into the skin. Wait a few minutes before you apply any other product this will give the moisturizer time to do its "thang"
Places to look for moisturizers - Drugs Stores, WalMart, Mall Makeup Counters, and Spas.
Hope this helps.
November 7, 2008
The Purpose of a facail scrub.
Why should you use a facial scrub? A facial scrub is to designed to remove a layer of dead dry skin which can make your skin look dry and dull. With that being said it is not necesary to do this all the time there is a such thing as over doing it. Once every two week or once a month is fine. With continuous scrubbing all you will eventually end up doing is irrating your skin. There are always exeptions to the rules...wearing heavy make up and using a lot of product on your face will cause build up so you may choose to do a scrub more often. If you want to scrub once a week or daily choose a very mild/almonst non abrasive scrub and apply a thick moisturizer to your skin. If you have sensitve skin this is something you may not want do very often. USE common sense...
Always follow the instruction on package. If you choose to use homemade products approach with caution and make sure you are not allergic to any of the ingredients. I have tried all of the scrubs listed and there are many many more. Do your research and find out what works best for you.
Here are a few I have tried and liked
Good Cheap Drug Store Brands all under $10.
Queen Helena Facial Scrub - Great
Olay Gel Scrub--This is gentle and nice.
St Ives Apricot Scrub
Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Brightening Daily Scrub
Clean & Clear Morning Burst Facial Scrub with Bursting Beads
Neutregena Pink Grapfruit
Please note because of the consitancy of a scrub there is a tendancy to have little paricles of the scrub left on. The best way to get all the product off the face are the following
1. Take it off in the shower and let the water run directly in your face as you rub off the access
2. Use a soaking wet towel and lean over the sink and splash water on your face as you try to remove the excess.
I do not use a scrub in the morning, only at night so I can take my time and get my face totally clean. And all that I dont get off at night I can do in the morning.
Homemade Scrub Recipes - There are many, many reciepies online however these are the cheapest and easiest to make with everyday household products.
Baking Soda and Water1 part water (Distill Water or Ionic Water)2 part Baking Soda. Mix the two together until you get the consistency you want.
Strawberry Facial Scrub:Make a mixture of 1 tsp brown sugar and 2 mashed strawberries. Brown sugar will remove dead cells and strawberries.. I put this in the blender for a few seconds to make it smoother.
Aspirin *(cheap non coated aspirin) Mash about 5 aspirin and add water until you get the consistency you like.
Hope this helps leave a comment.
November 6, 2008
Foot Spa*** Nail File/Clippers*** Nail Polish *** Nail Polish Remover *** Foot Soak *** Foot Lotion***Foot Mask *** Orange Stick*** Cuticle Oil***2 Large Towels ** 1 Small towel *** Music/TV Show or Book.
Lets get started. First remove all the polish from your toe nails. After you remove your polish cut and file your toenails into the desired length and shape. Please keep in mind that you don't want to cut your nails too short. Soak your feet in your Foot Spa and go over them with the nail brush making sure each nail gets clean . Using cuticle cream or vitamin E massage around the cuticle. With an orange stick push the cuticle back (the cuticle is the skin that surround the sides and top of the toenail). Next, with your pumice and begin scrubbing the dead skin off of your feet...please note please try not to over do it but try very hard to get off as much as you can without hurting yourself. After cleaning your feet place them back in the water to wash and apply foot mask(follow directions on label)..after that dry your feet and apply a base coat on your toes allow to dry and then apply your nail polish and top coat.
Foot Spa - Soak your feet
High End - Prosepra Foot Spa Reg. $59.99 Macy's
Mid Range - Ho Medics - Bubble Bliss
Foot Spa with Heat $19.99 Walmart
Dirt Cheap - Swing your feet into your Bath tub or bowl/ bucket that will fit your feet
NAIL BRUSH - Small hand held brush to clean finger and toe nails
NAIL FILE / NAIL CLIPPERS - Trim and file (Always file in one direction) when filing your toenails I prefer using an emery board instead of a metal file. I personally think that metal files are too harsh however if you like them be sure to keep it clean and don't share it with anyone..The only thing I use a metal file for is to clean up under my nails. Be very careful not to trim your toe nails too short the should be cut to your personal preference but most say that you should stop cutting when you get close to the skin. Please do not peal off your toe nails! If you or someone you know is diabetic please be very careful when putting a sharp object to their feet.
NAIL POLISH- Base Coat, Nail Polish and Top Coat
The purpose of the Base Coat just like a primer it gives you nail polish something to adhere to with out it the oils in you toe nail will not allow your polish to last.
Top Coat - A Top Coat Keeps your polish from chipping.
FOOT LOTION - ( is thicker than regular lotion) You can purchase a cheap foot lotion or use Vaseline and/or a thick creamy lotion. Make sure you take the time to massage the lotion in order to keep you feet nice and soft. If you use Vaseline, try using a hot towel after applying the Vaseline this will leave your feet soft. If you don't want to use the hot towel you can always opt to apply the Vaseline and put on thick socks.
PUMICE - use a pumice to scrub off all the dead skin
FOOT SOAK - Soak you feet for 20 to 30 minutes you have time relax... This allows dead skin to loosen up so it will be easier to remove. ** Tip pour less than 1/2 cup of milk to the water to soften up dead skin.
*FOOT MASK - This is optional this is something that you can buy at a WalMart or the dollar store..it something that is just a little extra to make your pedicure special. Each mask serves a different purpose, it could be to relax, sooth or cleanse.
How to create an at home - spa
*Optional - but it would be nice to have
1. Music - soft/relaxing*
2. Towels - 2 large 2 small 2 medium
5. No Kids or Sleeping Kids (LOL) *
6. Products (Cleanser, Scrub, Mask, Moisturizer)
8. Herbal Tea*
10. Heating Pad *
The Set Up Give yourself 2 to 3 hours ...
--Create the mood with Music, Water Fountain and Scented Candles - of course choose music and scents that you LOVE. Suggestions Lavender and Vanilla. (This is optional but nice to have)
--Bath Time - this is the time to pull out the body scrubs, loofahs and the bath fizzes. Exfoliate your skin invest in a bath brush and brush your skin prior to getting in the tub. Use your sponge to wash; this is a great time to try relaxing liquid soap. (Tip Epsom Salt is great for relaxation and its cheap)
--Once your bath is complete get in the shower and give yourself a good rinse after you get out the shower load on the moisturizer while your are still damp.
--Wash your face with your cleanser
--Next use a facial scrub to really clean our your pores.
-- Steam you face (5 to 10 Minutes) - This works wonders
-- Apply favorite mask
-- Apply moisturizer
--Relax, Relax, Relax
November 5, 2008
--- Journal your day everyday for a week - by journal I mean write down your day what made you smile, what made you cry and at the end of the week read it, and remember that you made it regardless of how hetic and stressful you week may have been.
-- Take a Good Look in the mirror. Look at your body isnt it beautiful, look what God has made, so unique, so wonderful, every feature, your eyes, your nose, your lips. Enjoy what you see if you if not can you change it -- dont just talk about it write it down and ask the Lord to help you implement the necessary changes. If you feel you are overwieght, buy a new dress or clothes, why? because its not about loving what you can be or what you are trying to be its about loving yourself today.
-- Write down a to do list. Scratch off everything you complete. Your list should be as follows
1. Thank God for your life, health, and your abilities (write them down in your journal)
2. Thank God for your family
3. Tell yourself your are beautful out loud
4. Help somebody - non family member
5. Give someone a compliment
6. Say thank you and please
8. Smile - at someone you look
9. Smile - at a stranger
10. Tell yourself and someone else I love you out loud
--- Polish your Toes - What a time consuming thing, and with a world full of things to do take this time out for yourself. Give yourself a full pedicure every once in a while. Believe me I know it great letting someone else do it, but do it yourself you will learn to paint your toes neatlyand this allows you time to spend with yourself.
--- I am a big fan of home facial. I will be posting how to give yourself a facial along with affordable products you can use.
--- Go Shopping - by yourself something nice. Expensive lip gloss or expensive shoes or bag. The goal is to do something nice for yourself. Ok every may not be able to afford something big but buy yourself something nice that you would not usually buy. Make up does the trick for me MAC, NARS, and Kissable Cotour are my favorites. You make love to a massage, a good book, scrapbook supplies, and/or clothes. Do what you love.
--Work on your Faith... I dont just mean go to church, I mean work on your relationship with God -- Jesus Christ. This helps me make it through. Prayer is a powerful stress reliever..
I hopes this helps.