Lip Balm- NEED IT- Lip Balm is a moisturizer for your lips. The skin on your lips is very sensitive and thin. The job of a Lip Balm is to help trap moisture, or keep moisture in your lips. Lip balms should be used to keep lips from drying and cracking. A lip balm typically does not have any color, it purpose or main function is to protect the lips.
Lip Gloss- LOVE IT Lip Gloss is considered make up. More and more lip glosses are being created to serve two purposes - moisturizers and lip color. The possibilities are endless for lip glosses , they can be matte, glittery, shiny, sparkly, bold colors, light colors, sticky, slick, smooth and the list goes on. Lip gloss can start at $0.99 to $30. The great things about some lip glosses is that they are buildable, which means the more you put on the more color or shine you may get. Lip glosses on top of lipsticks WOW. I even mix lip glosses with other lip glosses, the things you can do with this product are endless. You can use it with a lip liner or alone.
LIPSTICK - GOT IT. Don't count this classic out. Lipstick has been around for years and it is not going anywhere. If you are looking for solid color this is your product. You can mix lipstick with lip gloss and you can line it with a lip liner. The advantage to lipstick is the color payoff, it can be intense, matte, glossy, and sparkly. Nude lipsticks are very popular and every woman should have at least one in her makeup collection.
LIP LINER- Lip Liners are my best friend, without them a lot of colors I could not pull off. For instance lets start with a MAC classic "ooh baby" on a dark skin sister without the chestnut liner is call "oh no baby" so whenever you run across a color that you like but you are not feeling it on you, pull out a lip liner to darken or brighten the color up. There are rules to lip liners, and I break them all the time. The only lip liner rule I refuse to break is don't wear black liner around the lip - a definate no no for me.
Lip liner is a cosmetic product. It is intended to fill uneven areas on the outer edges of the lips after applying lipstick therefore giving a smooth shape. The product is usually sold in a retractable tube or pencil form.
Tips for lips
- Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize..keep the lips moist day and night. Take care of your lips.
- Buy a clean soft toothbrush to exfoliate your lips. Moisten toothbrush with water and in circular motions clean all the dead skin off of the lips. Doing this once or twice a week will leave your lips soft apply a balm immediately after.
- Buy a balm or use Vaseline on your lips at night never go to bed with dry lips. "Don't go anywhere with dry lips.
- Keep balms everywhere, have one in your car, at work, at home in the TV room, in the kitchen, you get the picture have them conveniently everywhere.
- Love your lips no matter how big or small
- Try new colors and brands your lips should never be boring :-)